Purpose: To share our learning about Matariki; what is it? And how we can celebrate Matariki in our own way?
- Retell the story of Matariki like a play
- Write a story about Matariki
- Make a model about Matariki
- Create a piece of art about Matariki
- Learn and sing songs.
- Create a movie about Matariki to share (it could be a legend or about Matariki)
- Create a facts Kahoot about Matariki
- Create a TV commercial advertising Matariki
- Create a debate about this statement: “Matariki Day should be a National Holiday”
- Choose one of the above activities
- Ask yourself: Will it suit my buddy? Is it appropriate for the amount of people in my group?
- Research some facts about Matariki: What, When, Where, Why, How, Who?
- What resources do you need?
- Prepare the things you need for Friday morning for buddy time
- On Friday you will have from to complete it with your buddy
- The following week you will have more time to edit / practise / put on the final touches
- Be prepared to share with the whole-school on Thursday Matariki Day
Phoebe, Freya, Ruby & Kalia (Rm 3)
Annaliese, Noah, Mason & Troy (Rm 4)
Toby, Lenni, Ryder, Jack (Breakout rm 4/5)
Hannah,Abby, Manaia, Addisyn (Rm 6)
Samantha, Halle, Aroha, Layla (Rm 6)
Azahra, Cohen, Luca, Mac
Emily, Renae, Emma, Max, Samuel (Rm6)
Emily S, Charlotte, Liwan, Porsha (Rm4)
Angus, Mason, Kairo, Benji, James (Rm 3)
Richard, Shrawan, Max, Shaun, Jackson (Staffroom)
Bella, Jayde, Miracle, .. (Rm4).
Billy, Gordon, Jayden (Rm 3 office)
Kate, Tahu, Braydon (Sick bay)
What do you enjoy the most and why?
What challenged you the most and why?
What do you need to get better at and why?
How can adults help you with this goal?